Frequently Asked Questions
Why is the glue perfect for sensitive skin?
With so many adults and children being ‘allergic’ to common adhesive bandages. PATCH has been engineered with only 100% biodegradable and hypoallergenic ‘pressure sensitive adhesive’ (PSA) ingredients. These ingredients are from nature and are suitable for the most sensitive skin types, but also great on regular skin types too.
Is PATCH Safe?
PATCH is a CLASS1 Sterile Medical Device Registered through Nutricare with the:
- ATGA - Australian Therapeutic Goods Register
- FDA USA - Food and Drug Administration
- TÜV SÜD - A world leader in product testing and certification.
- CE - European conformity
- FDA - ASIA - Food and Drug Administration
Is PATCH Biodegradable
The answer is simply YES! the whole packet is.
Is PATCH Compostable
The answer is simply YES! All our patches can be thrown or buried as we don’t leave a trace.
Is PATCH sterile?
The answer is YES we are a class 1 Sterile medical device. We are EO sterile device with full conformity.
Is PATCH environmentally friendly?
From the core we have thought about three things fix an issue for you, make products better, cleaner and with minimal or zero effect of disposal.
We are proud of PATCH and what it stands for, we are pleased to say that PATCH has the following environmentally friendly components:
- Tube is made from recycled cardboard.
- The outer cover of the bandages is supplied as biodegradable plastic.
- The back paper is paper which will break down.
- The bandage is made from 100% certified bamboo fibre and mineral based PSA adhesive will all break down and compost.
- The colouring on all items is natural.
Are PATCH Vegan?
PATCH strips are 100% vegan, they are without any animal derivatives and PATCH is not tested on animals.
What is Merthiolate and Thimerosal?
Merthiolate is the trade name for thimerosal, so they are the same thing. Merthiolate/Thimerosal is a chemical substance made up of mercury and sodium. It has been widely used as a germ killer and a preservative in many different products.
Why is it so important to be merthiolate/thimerosal free?
Merthiolate poisoning can occur when the substance is swallowed or if a large amount comes in contact with your skin. If the skin is exposed to small amounts over a prolonged period of time Merthiolate poisoning can also occur. Many people experience mild to severe skin reactions if exposed to small amounts Merthiolate found in common wound care products.
- PATCH is completely Merthiolate/Thimerosal free and is a safe way to heal wounds.
How does PATCH Natural help to ‘repair minor abrasions.
- PATCH Natural assist in the repair of minor abrasions as it is an effective breathable wound covering which keeps pollutants/impurities out of the affected wound area while allowing the wound to breath which can help to reduce infection. Bamboo fibre is known to be naturally anti-bacterial which can also assist in healthier wound repair.
How does PATCH Activated Charcoal ‘help to draw out impurities, reduce redness and help repair minor abrasions’?
Activated charcoal is highly absorbent and works like a magnet to the impurities in the skin. This then assists with the body’s natural healing of the wound. Once the impurities are draw out, inflammation and redness is reduced minimising the risk of infection which promotes safer healing of the wound.
How does ‘coconut oil help to soothe minor grazes, cuts and bruises’?
Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, a fatty acid with anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties which makes it an ideal 100% natural and safe ingredient to assist in the soothing of minor cuts and lacerations.
Is it only the Activated ingredients on the gauze of PATCH or are there other ingredients?
The Natural PATCH gauze is made from 100% organic bamboo fibre:
- The Coconut Oil PATCH gauze, is made from only coconut oil on 100% organic bamboo fibre
- The Aloe Vera PATCH gauze is made from only Aloe Vera and 100% organic bamboo fibre
- The Activated Charcoal PATCH is made of only activated charcoal powder, a perforated biodegradable cellulose layer (to hold the charcoal in place and 100% organic bamboo fibre
How does ‘Aloe Vera soothe blisters, cuts and minor abrasions’?
Aloe Vera contains two powerful natural compounds that improve wound healing:
- Polysaccharides have been known to increase cellular movement, which leads to faster and more efficient tissue regrowth.
- Glycoproteins, are not only a pain reliever but can help control the inflammatory response.
Our experts are always listening and helping answer any questions. If there is any question you need to ask please do so using this form.
We will get right back to you.